ELGIA has a wealth of experience in the area of providing technical assistance in all the processes of the electoral system design, management, operations and other forms of complementary processes. ELGIA works with Electoral Management bodies and technical leaders in many countries in the support to managing elections and referenda by striving for excellence at legal framework design, boundaries delimitation, structures and management process for election management, election budgeting, polling operations, ensuring accessibility and suitability of voting facilities and processes; managing results; maximising electoral justice for all stakeholders in the electoral process; enhancing the credibility of the voters’ roll; ensuring compliance with legal provisions; and continuously improving the legislative framework. This programme also focuses on the strategic goal of strengthening a cooperative relationship with political parties by deepening interactions with represented and unrepresented political parties and independent candidates; convening consultative forums with registered political parties; processing nomination of candidates for various electoral events; administering party registration processes.
ELGIA’s work focuses on support to election integrity processes, election campaign and political funding processes, disclosure and reporting by political parties and candidates.
Key programmes on electoral management include:
- Electoral legal framework development and review;
- Election system design and boundaries delimitation;
- Election management framework;
- Inclusion of women and other special groups;
- Support to political parties, political and campaign financing;
- Technical support through the entire election cycle administration including integration of technology;
- Working with electoral stakeholders and election observation;
- Support to Political Parties.
- Election security and conflict mitigation.